Subject: Re: KZQSA info, please

From: [email-masked] (Peter Sherwood)
Date: 17 Jan 1997 17:02:29 GMT

Alex A Sergejew ([email-masked]) wrote:
: I am hoping some kind soul can give me some information about the KZQSA,
: a Q-bus to SCSI interface; in particular: how to set its jumpers to a
: secondary disk interface address, whether the interface supports ordinary
: non-DEC SCSI2-only disk drives, and whether a drive on this interface can be
: a boot drive.

Jumpers on the KZQSA:

W1-7 are base address of the 32-word I/O block (registers) A6-A12, respectively
W9-W13 are bits 17-21 of the Q22-bus base address of the 128Kb of on-board
   memory (all transfers pass through this memory), respectively
W14-16 are bits 0-2 of the system identification number.

The module supports any SCSI device, as it is just an interface to the SCSI
bus, so it supports non-DEC drives, and will support boot drives if the
firmware driving it does (this will depend on your CPU).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Peter Sherwood
(617) 332-8880 (voice)
(617) 969-2101 (fax)
[email-masked]
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------