Subject: Error in RT-11 SYSGEN causes invalid build of NQ
From: [email-masked] (Megan)
Date: Mon, 5 Jul 1993 21:48:37 GMT
Newsgroups: vmsnet.pdp-11,comp.sys.dec,comp.os.misc

I have found that the NQX.SYS handler distributed with RT-11 V5.6
does not properly work because it was built incorrectly.  The problem
stems from the fact that the SYSGEN command procedure does not have
NQ in its list of thos drivers which have to be built using the
/BOUND:512 link option (for set code overlays).

The fact that it builds incorrectly can cause subtle problems following
execution of the install code.  The SET NQ SHOW command can cause
monitor corruption to the point of crash.

At the end of this message is the contents of a SLP patch file which
will correct the problem in a V5.6 distributed SYSGEN.COM.  Once
applied, you can use previously-produced answer files to produce the
appropriate build files to rebuild NQ.  If you are using the
distributed XM monitor, you can simply use the XBXM.ANS file to
produce the requisite build files.

					Megan Gentry
					ex-Member of RT-11 development

Ensure you have a backup copy of your distribution.  This patch should
be applied to your working system copy of SYSGEN.COM.  To apply the
patch, create the file SYSGEN.001 containing the following lines:

-107,108
	.SETS DEVBND " DU DW LS LD MU NQ NU SP "

/

then do the following:
	.R SLP
	*SY:SYSGEN.COM=SY:SYSGEN.COM,DK:SYSGEN.001
	*^C

Your working system copy of SYSGEN.COM should now work.

+---------------------------------------------------------------------+
| I am supplying this as a user of RT-11 who has a fix for something, |
| and the patch herein should not be construed as a committment of    |
| support by Digital Equipment Corporation.                           |
+---------------------------------------------------------------------+