Subject: Bug found in RT-11 V5.6 Syslib routine IPEEK
From: [email-masked] (Megan)
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 1993 03:58:42 GMT
Newsgroups: vmsnet.pdp-11

A bug has been found in the routine IPEEK.  The symptom of the bug
is that instead of returning the contents of the address specified
in the argument, the address specified is returned.

A temporary solution is to use the SYSLIB.OBJ from the previous
version.

If people are interested, I can make available a temporary replacement
object module which corrects the bug.  Of course, a truly supported
replacement module can only be obtained from Digital customer
support.

					Megan Gentry
					Former RT-11 Developer


X-NEWS: eisner vmsnet.pdp-11: 1132
Relay-Version: ANU News - V6.1 08/24/93 VAX/VMS V5.5-2; site eisner
Path: eisner!noc.near.net!mv!world!mbg
Newsgroups: vmsnet.pdp-11
Subject: Unsupported patch for ipeek bug in RT-11 V5.6
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
From: [email-masked] (Megan)
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 1993 16:47:30 GMT
Organization: The World Public Access UNIX, Brookline, MA
Keywords: patch rt-11
Summary: Replacement .obj for IPEEK syslib routine in RT-11 V5.6
Lines: 18

I have made available, by anonymous ftp, a replacement for the
RT-11 V5.6 syslib routine ipeek.  The distributed version has a
bug which causes the address specified to be returned rather than
the contents of the address specified.

The replacement file can be found in

	/ftp/pub/mbg/rt11/patches	on world.std.com

Keep in mind that this is not an official patch, since only Digital
can provide official patches.  Although I have tested it, I will not
assume responsibility for any problems encountered through its use.
It is up to you if you wish to make use of it.

					Megan Gentry
					Former RT-11 Developer