Subject: Re: Archive tape drive
From: [email-masked] (Tim Hunkler)
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 1997 06:20:56 GMT

On Fri, 31 Jan 1997 09:36:17 +1000, John van de Geyn
<[email-masked]> wrote:

  HI,

  I seem to have some problems connecting a Archive cartridge tape drive
  mdel 5945c to my dn3500.  I have a w7000 card and when I connect it to the
  internal scsi controller the tape drive light stays on all the time and
  doesn't appear to be working.  I also have a 8bit card from Archive
  Corporation. When connected to it and doing a DI C and then a EX DOMAIN_OS
  the light comes on for about a second and the machine quits.  Is there a
  howto or FAQ on this subject anywhere or could anyone help me please?

Your cartridge drive is either SCSI or not.  If it's SCSI it can plug
into the WD7000 but not the separate Achive controller card.  If its
the non-SCSI cartridge drive the reverse story is true.

WD7000 jumper info can be found a number of ways:

1)  run /systest/ssr_util/jumper and look for the WD7000 controller
under disk control (hint:  ^WD7000 means hold shift key down to
select)

2) check the FAQ at
  http://pegasus.cc.ucf.edu/~nbz32017/Apollo-FAQ.html

3) check my WD7000 setup info at:
  http://www.goodnet.com/~hunkler/aegis_top.html

If you use the cartridge drive with its own controller card in the
same system that has the WD7000 you must disable the external
SCSI i/f of the WD7000.
--

From: [email-masked] (Bob Palmer)
Subject: Re: Archive tape drive
Date: Sat, 1 Feb 1997 04:33:01 GMT

If you have a wd7000 controller you should use an Archive 2060S scsi ctape
drive. If you use the Archive ctape controller you must disable the scsi
interface on the wd7000 controller. Run /systest/ssr_util/jumper to get
the jumper configuration.