Subject: Re: DELUA switch settings

From: "Alan R. Sieving" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 1994 12:02:53 -0400 (EDT)

On 21 Apr 1994, John Wilson wrote:

> Can anyone tell me what the DIP switch settings are to put a DELUA at the
> "normal" address with the "normal" vector in the "normal" mode (i.e. don't
> try to force-boot the CPU, just wait to be initialized)?

Here is my file with the DELUA info.  Feel free to edit/store this at any 
archives.

----
Settings for a DELUA:  (M7521, single board Ethernet interface)

Address selection, Switch at E106, Sw1 -> A12 ... Sw10 -> A3; switch on is
a zero for the address bit.
	Def: 774510 => (1) FFNNFNFNNF (10)

Vector selection, Switch at E69, Sw4 -> V8 ... Sw10 -> V2; switch on is a
zero for the vector bit.
	Def: 120 => (4) NNFNFNN

(default address for first DELUA is 774510/120, secondary would be 760460/400)

Boot option, Switch at E69:
		2 3
		N N	Remote boot disabled	* def for VAX
		N F	Remote boot from boot ROM
		F N	Remote boot and system load
		F F	Remote boot disabled
	(there is no default for a PDP-11)

Switch E69 position 1 is used for Loop Selftest: continuous selftest when
on. (power-up starts test.)

The only jumper appears to be the priority plug.

To achieve loopback on the AUI, you can connect AUI pin 3 to 5; and pin 10
to 12.

---

  --al.

Alan Sieving,  [email-masked]   or   [email-masked]
Quickware Engineering & Design,  225 Riverview Ave Waltham, MA, 02154-3874
W: 617-647-3800,  FAX: 617-647-3311   800-237-1185 for fast PDP-11's.